Our church originally formed in Longmont, CO in the year 2000. We were called the Unidos por Cristo church and affiliated with the Assembly of God denomination. In the year 2002, the church began a new church planting process. The new church was to be in Loveland. It began meeting in member homes. Julio Martinez was the pastor of this new church start. The congregation quickly outgrew its home-based status and decided to request space within an existing church in Loveland. The very first church we asked welcomed us into their space. It was the First Christian Church!
One month after we began meeting in FCC, our pastor decided to relocate to Oklahoma. Then, the leadership Board of Unidos por Cristo asked Isaias Rodriguez to guide this new church, Mission Emmanuel, as its pastor. In 2004, the church membership voted to end its affiliation with the AOG. Our reasons for this parting were: lack of support to our congregation, no mission support, disagreements with the denomination over the direction of our church, and extremely low compensation for the pastor. Jesucristo El Buen Pastor, our new church, was founded at that time and has been growing and thriving ever since. We are now the largest Hispanic church in the City of Loveland and have worship services on Sunday and Friday evenings.
Core Values and Beliefs
- Jesus Christ is the son of the living God, and offers saving grace to all
- We are all God’s children
- Open Communion Table, all are welcomed by Christ
- Baptism is a choice made by each person
- Unity of Christians, membership is freely given
- We study the Bible, pray and listen for God’s direction
- Ministers and lay persons lead in worship, service and spiritual growth
- The Vision of Jesucristo El Buen Pastor church is to be a mission-based and evangelistic Body of Christ for Spanish-speaking believers and seekers in Northern Colorado.
- The Mission of Jesucristo El Buen Pastor church is to witness the presence and power of Jesus Christ, to grow our faith through His worship, and to know our Savior’s love through the Holy Scriptures.