First Christian Church of Loveland was founded on December 14, 1879. We are over 130 years young. Our first church home was located at 220 E. 6th Street; it was the site of our church for seventy-nine years. We moved to our present site on North Lincoln in 1962. Our new sanctuary, narthex, and music rooms were added in 1986. First Christian has had an influential ministry in the Loveland community and has been well-known for its assistance to children and youth programs. Two or our early members donated land west of Loveland in 1902 and the Loveland Christian Orphanage was build there. It later became the Colorado Christian Home and moved to Denver becoming the Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home.
First Christian has had thirty-one pastors in its lifetime. They have all had an impact on the Loveland community in a variety of ways. Service to the Loveland Police Department as chaplains has been a tradition of First Christian pastors. That is a tradition that continues to this very day. The theme for our 125th Anniversary celebration in 2004 was “Honor the Past…Embrace the Future”. That is an accurate reflection of the nature of our congregation and of our service to God. We at First Christian are not stuck in the past, but we remember and honor it. At the same time, we continue to embrace the future of worship in the Loveland community and openly welcome all of its residents to join us in the adventure of a committed faith journey!